Where can you find free press release examples and templates?
Ideally, once you’ve written a couple of successful press releases, you can create your own in-house press release template. But before you get to that point, there is nothing wrong with looking online for some tried-and-true press release templates to guide you.
Should you have multiple templates for different situations where a press release is needed?
Because there are different reasons and therefore, different ways for how to write a press release, you should definitely have a few templates. You can use one template for your events, another for product launches, and another for if your company acquires another firm. Each of these will be slightly different in nature. For instance, if you’re partnering with another company, your template would need to have space to include quotes and boilerplates from both companies.
How to submit and distribute press releases
Writing a great press release is the most important part of the process, but it’s also vital that you know how to distribute it to maximize its impact.
There are a couple of different methods for distributing your press release. First, you might blast it out to your email list of editors and media that you have relationships with. You may even choose to personalize this outreach on a case-by-case basis.
Of course, your own website’s press release section, as well as your LinkedIn profile page and other social media platforms are also great places to post your business announcements. You might even consider pinning social posts that link to your press release to the top of your page (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter) so that it’s easily found.
What are some of the best online outlets for distributing press releases?
If you’re looking for a wider reach, you’ll likely want to use press release wire services like PRNewswire or BusinessWire. Distribution services do have a cost, but they can help your press release get discovered by a larger number of readers as well as search engines.
How can you ensure your press release gets the widest possible distribution?
No matter which channels of dissemination you choose (and it’s likely you will use a combination of tactics), you can get the widest distribution by following a couple of best practices:
- Time it right. Timing is everything when it comes to press releases. Yours might be timely in that it announces something that happens on a specific date. Others might be tied to calendar events like holiday sales, seasonal launches, or pop culture moments. If you move too early, reporters on a deadline might push your release to the back burner. But if you wait too long, you could end up becoming yesterday’s news. You should also consider the time of day and where your audience is located.
- Consider lead time. Don’t forget to think about your target audience: the media. What is their lead time? If you’re pitching trade publications in print, you’ll have to issue releases a few months ahead of time, whereas online bloggers only need a few days or sometimes a few hours to pull together a story about your release. Naturally, not all of your press releases will make sense issued months in advance, but if you know your CEO’s book comes out around the same time as the fall issue of your industry’s top trade magazine, you might not want to wait on that.
- Put yourself in the reporter’s shoes. You want to make their lives easier by providing them with a press release that is newsworthy and something they want to cover. In other words, make sure you are providing a great story, not just fluff, and include statistics, photos, and other assets if you can to sweeten the pot. And, especially crucial, make sure you do a spelling and grammar check before you hit send.
Learning how to write a press release takes practice, but you can fast track your success by following these best practices:
- Bookmark any great press releases you come across so that they can serve to inspire.
- Use templates as guides to help you and to stay focused.
- Write your press releases like a news story, not like an ad.
- Use clean, concise, and clever prose to get your message across, and give the media something worth reporting about.
- Distribute your press release using a variety of channels to reach a broad audience, but also take time to send personalized messages to key journalists and reporters on your radar.
- ^ PR and marketing teams working together (insights.newscred.com)
- ^ marketing strategy (insights.newscred.com)
- ^ integrated marketing strategy (insights.newscred.com)
- ^ product launch (insights.newscred.com)
- ^ announcement (insights.newscred.com)
- ^ creative brief (insights.newscred.com)
- ^ Apple introduces Apple Arcade (www.apple.com)
- ^ press release templates online (www.cision.com)
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. Buy@TLDtraders.com | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.